The Enhanced Site Control Unit (ESCU) is a communications hub and memory buffer that sits between Millennium devices (DCD/EDCDs, ECUs, etc.), and the Millennium software running on a computer/server. Depending upon system operational needs and configuration, a single ESCU can support up to 99 DCD/EDCDs or 4 ECUs and 10 ECDs.
- All communications between the ESCU and the computer/server is IP which connects via an Ethernet socket on the ESCU. Communications between the ESCU and the Millennium devices is RS-485, on a twisted pair, shielded cable.
- When used with EDCDs, the communications speed on the RS-485 network can be as high as 4k.
- Depending upon the Millennium software chosen, up to 1000 fully supervised ESCUs can be connected to a single Computer/Server.
Computer to ESCU Communications:
- IP via the on board Ethernet connector and Cat5/Cat6
ESCU to Millennium Device Communications:
- Two wire, multi-drop, RS-485 via shielded, twisted pair
Transaction History Buffer:
- 2000 event on board storage
Alarm Event History Buffer:
- 100 software selectable priority event (alarms, com fail, etc.) storage
- These events are stored on-board if the ESCU is off-line with the host Stored events are sent to the host software once communications are re-established
- Input power is protected from reverse polarity, over-voltage and transient surges
- 9-14 VDC, supplied by the PS1 power supply; Current consumption is 50mA nominal, and 90mA maximum
Cover Tamper Switch:
- On-board integrated tamper switch
Approval and Listings:
- UL 294 pending
- 14° to 104°F (-10° to 40°C) less than 90% non-condensing humidity
- 4.24” x 7.35” @ < 1lb
- 10.8 x 18.7cm @ < 0.45 Kg
|Product Overview||Download PDF|