The EDCD (Enhanced Door Control Device) offers a larger cardholder database and significantly faster processing and communications speed than the standard DCD. It controls a single access point accepts connections to most reader technologies.
Stores data for up to 60,000 cards. Because the cardholder access levels are stored here, in the event of a computer or communications failure it will provide uninterrupted access control and log up to 2000 transactions into memory.
- Supports Wiegand Card Reader protocols, configurable from 0-256, Magstripe formats of ABA/ISO Track 2 with configurable data bits; Clock and Data, and Marlok.
- Communications between EDCDs is via RS-485 using various types of supervised wiring methods; Daisy-Chaining, T-Tapping, Home Running, and High Security Loop Back.
- EDCD’s communicate to the Millennium Software through Site Control Units (SCU or ESCU). Each SCU/ESCU can support up to 99 EDCDs, depending on system configuration needs.
Card Data Storage
- Each EDCD stores data for up to 60,000 cards
Transaction History Buffer
- 2,000 transaction history provides retention of card activity if communications with the ESCU is lost
Alarm Event History Buffer
- 100 software selectable alarm events (alarms, com fail, etc.) are stored if communications with the ESCU is lost.
EDCD Device Communications
- A twisted pair, multi-drop, RS-485 polling scheme is used to communicate between the EDCD, the ESCU, and other Millennium Devices.
- Each EDCD includes 2 programmable Single pole, Form C relays that are rated for 10 amps @ 24 VDC. These are typically used for door locking devices
- The EDCD has the capability to monitor up to 7 independent alarm inputs. 4 are supervised, and the other 3 are normally closed circuits.
- Input power is protected from reverse polarity, over voltage, and transient surges.
- 14° to 104°F (-10° to 40°C) less than 90% non-condensing humidity.
- 9-14 VDC, from our standard Power Supply. Current consumption is 50mA nominal, and 150 mA maximum.
- On-board integrated tamper switch.
Approvals and Listing
- UL 294 pending
- 4.24” x 7.35” @ < 1lb, 10.4 x 18.7cm @ < 0.4Kg
|Product Overview||Download PDF|